For more than 25 years I've been what I would describe as a - Woman on a Mission - searching for a way to help create true balance in life between career, family and lifestyle. I have made many decisions that have led to success and some to failure and I have learnt mostly that the value of work ethic sometimes just isn't enough.
My story begins in the working class northern suburbs of Melbourne where I was raised as the middle child of five siblings. My Italian migrant up-bringing taught me a lot about work ethic and sacrifice but the biggest lessons came from the loss of our mother when she was only 33 years of age. She left behind 5 children including 9 month old twins, myself at 2 years and my brother and sister at 8 and 9 years of age. Our lives would never be the same and the concept of extended family took on a whole new meaning when my grandparents along with our father took over the roles of parents to us all.
Through this tragic loss came much sadness and hardship but there were lessons that came from these years that I will hold as some of the best teachings of my life.
- We were raised with an abundant mindset, to not focus on the misgivings of our life but to overcome them through gratitude of heart.
- As children we learnt to adapt to change, to work through emotions and to let go of frustration and anger.
- We lived a modest life but never felt poor because we were taught to be rich in mind and spirit.
- Relationships were to be based on values of honesty, integrity and respect and to not ever be taken for granted or undermined.
And the lesson that was most important, the lesson that really shaped me into the person I am today...
- Life was to be lived, family was to be loved and days were to be filled with laughter as often as possible.
These five lessons became the basis of my approach to every aspect of my life. As a Woman, Daughter, Sister, Friend, Wife and Mother my every dream and wish for those I impact stems from these 5 pillars of understanding.
Spend more time building the life you dream of, the life you deserve and eventually you will impact others around you in a positive and abundant way. I hope you love this space as much as I do and I hope you share this with your whole world.